The Life Sciences Institute's leadership is guided by a scientific advisory board comprised of scientists representing a range of academic and industry experiences.
- Susan G. Amara, Ph.D., Scientific Director, Intramural Research Program, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health
- Benjamin F. Cravatt, Ph.D., Gilula Chair of Chemical Biology and Professor of Chemistry, The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute
- James E. Crowe, Jr., M.D., Director, Vanderbilt Vaccine Center; Ann Scott Carell Chair and Professor of Pediatrics, Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Vishva M. Dixit, M.D., Vice President, Physiological Chemistry, Genentech Inc.
Justin Du Bois, Ph.D., Henry Dreyfus Professor of Chemistry and Professor of Chemical and Systems Biology, Stanford University
- Joel Elmquist, D.V.M., Ph.D., Professor of Internal Medicine and Pharmacology; Maclin Family Distinguished Professor in Medical Science; Carl H. Westcott Distinguished Chair in Medical Research; Director, Division of Hypothalamic Research, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Helen H. Hobbs, M.D., Professor, Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center; Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator
- C. Ronald Kahn, M.D., Chief Academic Officer and Section Chief of Integrative Physiology and Metabolism, Joslin Diabetes Center; Mary K. Iacocca Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Laura L. Kiessling, Ph.D., Novartis Professor of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Paul M. Meister, President, MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc.; Co-Founder of Liberty Lane Partners LLC
- Eva Nogales, Ph.D., Professor, Molecular and Cell Biology Department, University of California, Berkeley; Senior Faculty Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bio-Imaging Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab; Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator
- Stuart Orkin, M.D., David G. Nathan Distinguished Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School; Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator
- Craig C. Parker, CEO, Surrozen
- Terry Rosen, Ph.D., CEO, Arcus Biosciences
- Randy W. Schekman, Ph.D., Professor of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley; Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator; 2013 Nobel Laureate in Physiology or Medicine
- David R. Walt, Ph.D., Core Faculty Member, Wyss Institute at Harvard University; Hansjörg Wyss Professor of Biologically Inspired Engineering, Harvard Medical School; Professor, Brigham and Women’s Hospital; Howard Hughes Medical Institute Professor; Founder of Illumina Inc. and Quanterix Corp.