The Life Sciences Institute's leadership is guided by a scientific advisory board comprised of scientists representing a range of academic and industry experiences.
- Susan G. Amara, Ph.D., Scientific Director, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health
- Benjamin F. Cravatt, Ph.D., Professor and Co-Chair, Department of Molecular Medicine, Scripps Research Institute
- James E. Crowe, Jr., M.D., Director, Vanderbilt Vaccine Center; Ann Scott Carell Chair and Professor of Pediatrics, Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Vishva M. Dixit, M.D., Vice President, Physiological Chemistry, Genentech Inc.
Justin Du Bois, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Chemistry, and Chemical and Systems Biology, Stanford University
- Joel Elmquist, D.V.M., Ph.D., Carl H. Westcott Distinguished Chair in Medical Research, Professor of Internal Medicine, Pharmacology, and Psychiatry, and the Maclin Family Professor in Medical Science, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Helen H. Hobbs, M.D., Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator and Professor, Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- C. Ronald Kahn, M.D., Chief Academic Officer, Joslin Diabetes Center and Section Chief of Integrative Physiology and Metabolism; Mary K. Iacocca Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Laura Kiessling, Ph.D., Professor of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Jeffrey Leiden, M.D., Ph.D., Chairman, CEO and President, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Paul M. Meister, President, MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc.; Co-Founder of Liberty Lane Partners LLC
- Eva Nogales, Ph.D., Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator, Professor, Molecular and Cell Biology Department, University of California, Berkeley; Senior Faculty Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bio-Imaging Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
- Stuart Orkin, M.D., Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator, David G. Nathan Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School
- Craig C. Parker, CEO, Surrozen
- Terry Rosen, Ph.D., CEO, Arcus Biosciences
- Randy W. Schekman, Ph.D., Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator, Professor of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley; 2013 Nobel Laureate in Physiology or Medicine
- David R. Walt, Ph.D., Core Faculty Member, Wyss Institute at Harvard University; Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School; Howard Hughes Medical Institute Professor; Founder of Illumina Inc. and Quanterix Corp.