Outreach is a cornerstone activity at the LSI, supporting the connections between research, teaching and service to the public. As members of a public university, and participants in publicly-funded research, we view outreach to the public as inseparable from our scientific mission and from our core values.
LSI community members inspire and support future generations to pursue scientific exploration through a variety of outreach initiatives and activities:
- Aspirnaut Summer Research Internship Program
- Perrigo Undergraduate Summer Fellowship
- Building tours for groups such as F.E.M.M.E.S. Connect, M-STEM and the U-M Association of Multicultural Scientists
- Supporting, leading and participating in student groups such as F.E.M.M.E.S.
- Hosting a Women in STEM Wikithon
- Sponsoring the student-led educational outreach program U-MYScI