The Life Sciences Institute's Mass Spectrometry core provides both open and assisted services for U-M researchers and external customers. Our state-of-the-art Agilent instruments include a LC/Q-TOF and a LC/TOF, which offer mass spectrometry analysis of small molecules, peptides and proteins.
The LSI MS core is open under the LSI's Research Re-Engagement Safety Plan and approved exceptions.
- Open use — reserve time, request training
- Full service — sample submission
- Staff consultation:
- Instrument operation of Agilent LC/MS and Rapidfire MS
- Method development on LC/MS and Rapidfire MS instruments
- MS data analysis and interpretation of small molecules, peptides, and proteins
- LC/MS/MS setup, method development, and data analysis
- Agilent software usage including MassHunter, BioConfirm, and Molecular Structure Correlator
- Structure elucidation project of reference and unknown compounds
- Report writing and assisting in grant submission
For service inquiries, rates and new user training, please contact email@example.com.