“Metal Ions in Chemistry and Biology”: Our research interests lie in the broad field of inorganic chemistry as it interfaces with biological and medicinal chemistry. One project will be directed toward designing small molecules as chemical tools and potential therapeutics for human neurodegenerative diseases (e.g., Alzheimer's disease). The other area will focus on investigating reactivity of metal complexes with reactive oxygen species and, based on this understanding, further develop metal-based agents for detoxification of reactive oxygen species in biological systems. Students in our group will engage in synthetic chemistry (organic and inorganic syntheses), physical methods (NMR, EPR, IR, CD, and UV-vis spectroscopy, mass spectrometry, and X-ray crystallography), as well as biological studies and techniques (mammalian cell culture and analysis).
Lim Lab has the Power of Chemistry and Biology!
70. Wow, our PNAS (EGCG) paper has been selected for F1000Prime!!!
69. Welcome, our new graduate student Kyle and new undergraduates Jillian, Mike, and Jeff!
68. Congrats, Alaina for your PhD degree! Wow, Dr. DeToma!!!
67. Congrats, Yuzhong! Good luck for your graduate studies at UC Berkeley!!!
66. Congrats, Arkah! Good luck for your graduate studies at Carnegie Mellon University!!!
65. Congrats, Hyun Min! Good luck for your graduate studies at Emory University!!!
64. Our Collaborative Work with Professor Ruotolo's team has been published in PCCP. Good job, Alaina!
63. Our EGCG Story is recognized by several public and scientiific news!!!
62. Congrats, Masha, Sanghyun, Yuzhong for their nice paper in ACS Chemical Biology!!!
61. Our EGCG story is published in PNAS. Congrats for Alaina, Akiko, and Sanghyun!!!
60. Our research is funded by NSF!!! Thank NSF for providing a support of our research!!!
59. Park, Lim, and Peyser, MCubed project is selected for funding!
58. The first doctoral thesis (Dr. Braymer) from the Lim Lab was awarded as a ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Award for dissertations completed 2012.
57. Welcome, Hyuck Jin as a graduate student!
56. Welcome, Juhye from Korea!
55. Congrats, Michael for passing his candidacy!
54. Congrats, Akiko for the University of Michigan Chemistry Research Excellence Award!
53. Congrats, Amit and Akiko for the acceptance of their IC paper!
52. Welcome, our new Postdoc, Masha!
51. Welcome, our new rotator, Kyle!
50. Congrats, Akiko for receiving a Poster Award from the Vaughn Symposium!
49. Welcome our Visting Scholar, Younwoo!
48. Congrats, Isaac and Alaina for the acceptance of our collaborative paper with Professor Storr!
47. Welcome our LSI Perrigo Undergraduate Fellow, Lauren!
46. Congrats, Lim Lab for Receiving the Funding from the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association! Many Thanks to the Assocation!
45. Congrats, Lim Lab for Receiving the Funding from the Ruth K. Broad Biomedical Research Foundation! Many Thanks to the Foundation!
44. Congrats, Amit for passing his candidacy exam! Great Job!!!
43. Welcome, our NSF-REU student, Emma!
42. Welcome, our new graduate student, Michael!
41. Congrats, Akiko for the Chemistry Department Research Excellence Fellowship!
40. Congrats, Joey and Kevin! For MS Acceptance in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.
39. Congrats, Xiaoming, Hyun Min, Alaina! For MS Acceptance in Dalton Trans.
38. Congrats, Joey! For a Rackham Predoctoral Fellowship
37. Congrats, Mi Hee! For a 2012 Alfred P. Sloan Fellowship
36. Congrats, Mi Hee! For a ACS Women Chemists Committee Leadership Award
35. Congrats, Alaina! For a Travel Award from the Division of Inorganic Chemistry (DIC) of the American Chemical Society
34. Congrats, Amit. His Curr. Opin. Chem. Biol. paper has been accepted. Good Job!
33. Welcome, our new posdoc, Dr. Sanghyun Lee!
32. Welcome, new rotators (Becky, Michael, and HyuckJin)!
31. Great Work, Joey, Jung-Suk, Alaina, Chen, Kisoo! Our IC paper was accepted.
30. Welcome, Our New Graduate Student, Akiko!
29. New Findings in the Nonheme Iron Systems Discovered by the Research Teams of Korea and US (Profs. Nam, Solomon, Valentine, Hodgson, Hedman, and Lim) was published in Nature (Joey, a graduate student in the Lim Lab, was contributed to this study)!
28. Welcome, Our New Undergraduate, Yuzhong!
27. Great Work, Joey and Nate! Our Inorg. Chim. Acta paper was accepted.
26. MedChemComm paper was accepted (from Our Collaboration Work with the Team of Northeast Ohio Medical University)!
25. Congrats! Mi Hee for the Paul Saltman Award, Metals in Biology (Outstanding Young Investigators in Biological Chemistry).
24. Great Work! Alaina. Our "Chem. Soc. Rev." was in press.
23. Welcome, Michael (chemistry rotation student) and Caitlin (UM Flint undergraduate for summer)
22. Great Work, Alaina! She passed her candidacy exam! Well Done!
21. Congrats, Mi Hee! for Supporting a Postdoctoral Scholar from AAQI!
20. Welcome, our new family (Kristin Ko, Chemistry Graduate Student)! She joined our group!
19. Welcome, Amit (Rotation, Chemistry) and Whitney (Undergraduate)!
18. Wow! Alaina received the National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship!
17. Great Work! Alaina, Jung-Suk, and Joey. Our ChemBioChem Paper was Accepted!
16. Our Research Story was Selected for the Front Cover of Metallomics!
15. Congrats, Kevin, for Receiving a Chemistry Departmental Summer Reearch Fellowship!
14. GREAT WORK, Jung-Suk and Joey! “Our Metallomics paper is accepted"
13. Congrats, Joey, for Receving a Departmental Fellowship (Murrill Memorial Scholarship)!
12. Good Jobs for the Presentations, Jung-Suk, Joey, and Alaina in the Ohio Inorganic Workshop, OSU.
11. GREAT WORK, Jung-Suk and Joey! “Our PNAS paper is accepted"
10. GREAT WORK, Joey, Alaina, Jung-Suk, Kristin! “Our Review paper in the International Journal of Alzheimer's Disease is accepted"
9. Congrats Alaina! for a "Best Poster" Award from the Novatis Symposium, 2010!
8. Congrats Dr. Lim! "2010 Alzheimer's Assocation New Investigator Research Grant"
7. Joey passed his candidacy exam, Congrats!!!
6. Congrats! Joey Braymer got the 2010 NSF EASPI fellowship to visit South Korea for our research.
5. Dr. Lim has been selected as "The Gray Family Fund Young investigator" at the Metals in Medicine Gordon Conference (2010)”
4. Congrats! Joey Braymer, Graduate Student at Chemistry Department, received "Warner Linfield Award from Rackham for his research in South Korea this summer.
3. “Lim lab really appreciates the generous financial Support from The Alzhemier's Art quilt Initiative (in Michigan)”
AAQI (Director: Ami Simms) Visit to Lim Team!
For more information, see our group news.
2. “Our JACS paper is published. Great work, Sarmad, Allana, Joey, and Yihong!!!”
1. “Our IC paper is published. Great work, Allana,
Sarmad, Akiko !!!”